Clemente’s Landscape Architecture
Imagine a home sitting on bare dirt. The lot has no trees, no lawn, no flowers nor wildlife.
Now, consider a home filled with overgrown plants of every kind, trees with branches hanging over walls,
the lawn filled with weeds, and mosquitos breeding on puddles of rainwater.
Contrast this with the Garden of Eden. Back then plants helped balance the local climate.
It wasn’t too hot nor too cold. All was take for granted.
Have we lost all of that? Fortunately not!
Clemente Design understands that plants create a climate separate from their surroundings.
This is especially important in our harsh desert environment where yearly temperatures can range from hot to cold by as much as 75 degrees fahrenheit.
As a well insulated home controls our indoor temperatures, so can strategically placed trees, plants, ground covers, and lawns dramatically modify our outdoor temperatures.
This is about few fundamental principles to guide our planning while keeping beauty, low maintenance, and seasonal color in mind.
What do we have to know to do this?
- Place trees to shade patios and windows–We spare the view windows from being blocked by trees.
- We apply our ‘plant-stacking’ method to create under-the-tree canopy air-cooled currents. These occur naturally when diverse plants are correctly planted and organized under a tree.
- We place desert adapted ground cover to cool down local breezes before they cross sitting areas, and lounge patios. Of course we plan the right plant for the right conditions to reduce plant losses due to frost and high summer temperatures.
Each site is different and is subject to change over time as well. May we bring back the joys of Eden where outdoor living was at it’s best.I believe we can transform your landscape into an Eden in the desert.
We can help you with a variety of services
Who will do this work?
- You can assign Clemente to help you call for bids from reputable contractors.
- We can suggest criteria that define quality and workmanship.
- We can assist you with Change-Orders and the value of substitutions.
- We can organize the installation and payment schedule.
- We can tell you when to order materials ahead of time to avoid installation delays.