Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What could delay a project?
Rain, Unforseen delays by the supplier of materials to the site, Extreme heat, Homeowner goes on vacation. Another client has an emergency which needs attention.
Q: What you need to tell us
- What is the biggest challenge you face with your landscaping today?
- What is your vision for the outdoor space?
- What are your year-round outdoor activities
- When do you want this done?
- Is the landscape to be installed in phases?
- Is the landscape plan used to submit to an HOA?
- Define views, privacy issues, and any drainage problems
- What allowances must be made for pets? small children?
Q: What do you do with the information we've given to you?
We create a written program with photos to define what is needed and wanted. Budget is defined
Q: What are the fundamental steps to the design process?
- Visit to the site, take photos, measure the ares scheduled (in some cases we call Blue Stake to inspect the property for buried pipes and cables)
- Draw a CAD plan to show existing conditions
- Create a Pre-design conceptual plan that shows the those spaces scheduled for development’. Client reviews
- Draw a Design Development on CAD in more detail-Client reviews
- Draw a Hardscape Plan ( patios, decks, BBQ’s, play areas, etc.)
- Draw a Plant Plan with color photos of each plant type and their location on the property.Plant schedule (mid point client review)
- Draw a lighting plan with fixture locations ( LED) with fixture schedule
- Plans of structures with connection details ( engineering billed extra) for HOA, county and/or
- Detail to-scale drawings of fire pits, BBQ’s Ramadas, etc
Q: How many changes can I make to the drawings?
Q: How are the installation bids presented?
Q: Is the installer licensed, insured?
Yes all our installers are licensed and insured.
Q: How long does a typical residential project take?
Have Another Question?
For other questions, please fill out the form below. We’ll answer you within 24 hours